Sometimes what your kid wants is a sweet euro-style retro ride and if that sounds like your child, the Razor Pocket Mod electric scooter is the perfect vehicle. It has style to spare and its chain-driven electric motor reaches speeds up to 15 miles per hour with variable speed. Plus, this good looking electric scooter has a range of 10 miles on a single charge of the battery.
Razor is known for making some of the best e scooters.
The Razor Pocket Mod Electric Scooter certainly has all the right design cues and a classic Italian design, but read on below to see how it performed in my tests. Is it as good as it looks? This buying guide has the answers.
The Razor Pocket Mod Electric Scooter Has Plenty Of Style
This Razor scooter has a rider capacity with a max weight up to 150 pounds so adults under that weight can also enjoy the convenience and style that this throwback mod scooter offers.
- Handy storage area
- 10 mile range per charge
- Chain driven electric motor
- 40 minutes per single charge may not be for everyone
- Long charge time
Razor Pocket Mod Build Quality/Design
The build quality on the Razor Pocket Mod miniature euro feels amazing. The deck feels thick underfoot, roomy too. Plus that steel frame is durable. This electric scooter is built to last. That means that your child can enjoy this electric ride for years, and other kids too as they grow. And that classic design just draws you in.
Razor included some really cool design features here, like a storage compartment beneath the seat, a retro headlight, kickstand so you can park it anywhere, 12 inch pneumatic tires, and cool color schemes to choose from. Pocket mod scooters come in pink, purple, blue and other colors. They also have cool names like Bella and Razor Pocket Mod Betty.
The Razor Pocket Mod has some decent power thanks to the high-torque chain that drives the electric motor that gives you variable speeds up to 15 miles per hour. The variable speed engine operates on a 24v battery that is actually two 12v batteries, delivering 40 minutes of continuous run time per charge, which equates to 10 miles.
Razor recommends a 12 hour charge time of the rechargeable battery. Just be careful not to overcharge it for longer and damage the battery. This may be too long of charge time for some, but in my opinion, the style and performance of this electric scooter make up for the battery life.
The Pocket Mod can travel up to 10 miles on a single charge and it charges in about 4 hours time.
I was surprised at how quiet and smooth the pocket mod miniature euro electric vehicle was thanks to that chain driven motor. It is a fun and pleasant ride. This is a bonus if you have cranky neighbors. This scooter just feels great. It is a great riding experience. It must feel like even more of a luxury to kids.
The 12inch pneumatic tires hug the terrain and with the rear suspension system, keep the ride smooth and bump-free. They handle uneven terrain excellently. I tested it on paved road, gravel, and uneven grass and it never faltered.
The hand brakes are easy to operate, which is a must for a child’s vehicle. They are very safe and responsive. Your child should have no trouble mastering the braking system on this electric vehicle. It is one of the best features of the Razor Pocket Mod.
The recommended age group for this electric scooter is 8 to 18, but older kids and adults under 150 pounds can ride it too.
Razor Pocket Mod Bottom Line
Here is my final verdict. You really can’t beat the good looks and design on this mod miniature euro electric scooter. But aside from being visually pleasing, Razor got everything else just right on this razor pocket mod miniature vehicle as well. What a smooth ride. There’s the durable build quality, headlight, chaindriven electric motor, storage, plenty of room, storage compartment, a decent top speed, and awesome 12 inch air filled tires, all adding up to a superb girls ride that feels like an adult version.
This may be their first step toward riding an electric bike or electric motorcycles. You may not be touring the Italian countryside, but you sure feel like it when riding this scooter. Buy this item and your kid will be very happy.
Razor USA is known for building quality kids ride on toys/vehicles like the razor dirt bike(the MX350 electric dirt bike is awesome. Also known as the Dirt rocket electric motocross bike), hoverboards, and scooters and occasionally they really knock it out of the park. This scooter is a great example of why kids love the brand.
Other notable electric vehicles from Razor include rides like the Razor Ecosmart, Razor E200 electric scooter, and Razors mx500.
- Razor E300 Electric Scooter Review
- EcoReco M5 e-Scooter Is Basically An Urban Travel Vehicle In A Bag
- Razor Pocket Mod Electric Scooter Review (2019 Edition)
- 5 Reasons Why The EcoReco Scooter Is The Best Mode of Personal Transportation
Also why not check out:
- Best 50cc Scooter
- Best Electric Scooter For Kids
- Best Gas Scooter
- Best Scooter for Kids
- Eco Reco M5 Electric Scooter Review 2020
- Fastest Electric Scooters – Considering Two Wheels for 2020?
- Gadget Review: The Automoto 3 Wheeled Scooter (exclusive & video)
- Glion Dolly Electric Scooter Review
- Gotrax GXL Electric Scooter Review
- How Much Does A Electric Scooter Cost?
- How To Make An Electric Scooter – Down And Dirty DIY
- Moped vs Scooter – 6 Key Differences
- NanRobot D4+ Electric Scooter Review
- PowerRider 360 Upgrades The Big Wheel
- Qiewa Q1 Hummer Electric Scooter Review
- QIEWA Qmini Electric Scooter Review
- Razor A5 Lux Kick Scooter Review (2019 Edition)
- Razor E200 Electric Scooter Review
- Razor E300 Electric Scooter Review
- Razor Eco Smart Metro Electric Scooter Review (2019 Edition)
- Segway ES1 Electric Scooter Review
- UberScoot 1000w Electric Scooter Review
- Where To Buy An Electric Scooter
- Xiaomi Mi Electric Scooter Review